Non-Emergency Medical Transport
Courteous & Caring Ambulatory Transportation by Jason's Taxi Service
Medical appointments can be stressful and leave you temporarily impaired. Jason's Taxi Service provides ambulatory transportation services you can rely on to get you to your destination safely, comfortably and on time.
Local and long distance transportation services are available for all types of medical appointments, including:
- Non-Emergency Hospital Stays
- Doctor's Appointments
- Clinic Visits
- Physical Therapy
- Hospital Discharge
- Dialysis Treatments
- Chemotherapy & Radiation Treatments
- Dental Appointments
- Assisted Living & Nursing Facilities
- Rehab Centers
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (special promotional rate)
The Five Cs: Caring, Compassionate, Courteous, Comfortable, Customized
The five Cs describe the type of service we are proud to provide: Expect a comfortable, climate-controlled late-model van, a caring and compassionate driver with prior experience as a home care aide working with cancer patients, and customized transportation services tailored to your needs. Whether you need a little assistance, a lot, or none at all, we will do our best to accommodate you.
We are licensed by the Morongo Basin Transit Authority and, as such, drivers are subject to criminal background checks and regular random drug screening. We also possess a flawless DMV records and a history of safe, defensive driving that spans decades. In other words, you can rely on Jason's Taxi Service to take you to your medical appointments safely and on time.
Is Ambulatory Service Right for You?
Ambulatory service is a good fit for passengers who may require assistance walking and getting into or out of vehicles. However, ambulatory service is not right for passengers who are unable to walk, require a wheelchair lift or gurney, or may need medical attention during transport.
Jason's Taxi Service is able to provide the following forms of assistance:
- Door-to-Door Service: Assistance walking to your front door and/or the medical facility's entrance as well as assistance boarding and exiting the van, if needed.
- Door-through-Door Service: As above, except that assistance doesn't stop at the building's entrance. Passengers are helped into their home and/or doctor's office. In-home pick-ups are also available for passengers requiring assistance walking from their home to the van.
- Medical Escort Service: Passengers are accompanied to their medical appointments and assistance is provided as needed. Please note that this service is only available Monday through Thursday.
- Prescription or Food Delivery Service: Prescriptions, groceries or food orders can be picked up as part of a multi-stop trip on the way home from medical appointments (passengers may wait in the vehicle, if desired) or on a separate trip.
Standard curb-to-curb taxi service is available for passengers who are able to walk without assistance.
Non-Emergency Medical Transport Rates
For destinations within the Morongo Basin (e.g., Hi-Desert Medical Center in Joshua Tree, Naval Hospital in Twentynine Palms), our low standard meter rates apply:
- Base rate: $2.50
- Per mile: $2.50
- Wait time: $24 per hour
For destinations outside the Morongo Basin (e.g., Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, Loma Linda University Medical Center in Loma Linda, Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center in Riverside, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, UC San Diego Medical Center in San Diego), we are happy to offer discounted flat rates.